The 2018 Armidale Regional Business Awards Gala Evening was highly successful by any standards. Our biggest night yet with 300 attendees joining together to celebrate our business achievements. But perhaps more importantly a fundraiser raised $1,126 for drought relief, with the Chamber Committee also pledging $500. All monies raised will go to Buy a Bale.
The event also served to introduce the new CEO of the Armidale Regional Council, Susan Law to the many Armidale Businesses, demonstrating to her the potential for our regional economy to grow and prosper from an already solid base. Susan in her speech said that she envisioned a proactive council that would work with business to establish “Armidale as the benchmark for regional cities.”
Armidale Business Chamber President, Anthony Fox said, “The Awards night was excellent, it brought some of the best of Armidale region’s businesses and people together in a night of celebration. Next years will be better as Armidale continues to build on its successes. Town and farming and grazing are intertwined emotionally and practically in terms of economic participation. The funds raised for drought relief will go a small way to assist keeping stock alive until better and wetter days arrive.
Some highlights include Meralli Solar winning Start Up Super Star and overall Business of the year while U Goose excelled in two categories winning both Excellence in Innovation and Excellence in Small Business; and Forsyths took out Excellence in Business and Employer of Choice. The categories of winners, and winners, that are entered into in the New England North West Business Awards are:
• Outstanding Young Employee - Sam Uphill (Laser Electrical Armidale)
• Outstanding Young Entrepreneur - Jemma Mulligan (Altitude Physio) and Rosie Barnett (Seesaw Coffee Co)
• Outstanding Business Leader - Bronwyn Pearson (Pinnacle People Solutions)
• Excellence in Business - Forsyths
• Small Business - U Goose
• Start Up Superstar –Meralli Solar
• Excellence in Social Enterprise - BackTrack Youth Works
• Excellence in Innovation - U Goose
• Excellence in Sustainability - Raw Fibre
• Outstanding Employer of Choice - Forsyths
• Excellence in Workplace Inclusion - White Leaf Dental
Adam Marshall MP, a regular at such events said, “It was a packed room with lots of positivity as our region continues to surge ahead. Congratulations to all the winners and every single business, employer and employee nominated, for all your hard work helping to grow your business and drive our region forward.”