Dear Member / Friend,
Yesterday the NSW Premier announced a number of changes to the present restrictions to take effect 15 May. In part, they follow the Federal Government’s Step 1.
- There can now be outdoor gatherings of up to 10 people.
- Cafes and restaurants can be open and seat 10 people provided they observe the 1.5 metre and 4 square metre rules. This will not be easy for many cafes and restaurants. There will still be a lot of cafes and restaurants that are not greatly helped by this change. They will need as much community patronage (within the rules) as possible.
- You can have up to 5 visitors (including children) to your household at any one time.
- Outdoor equipment can be used with caution and with continued adherence to social distancing and hand hygiene rules.
- Outdoor pools can be open—with restrictions.
- Weddings - you can have up to 10 guests.
- Funerals - there can be up to 20 mourners inside. If it is an outdoor funeral there can be up to 30 mourners.
- There can be up to 10 worshippers at religious gatherings or places of worship.
The present restrictions on regional travel (except where it is necessary travel) and regional holidays will remain in place for the present.
NEW EXECUTIVE OFFICER
I am delighted to announce that Eilish Chalmers has been appointed as Executive Officer - on a part time basis - starting 11 May 20. Would you please, however, keep communicating directly with me for the moment.
Best wishes and stay distant.
Armidale Business Chamber
0402 838 077