Dear Member/ Friend,
NEWS FOR THE BUSH
The Deputy Premier and Minister for Regional Development announced today that over $100 million of the NSW Government’s COVID-19 stimulus package would go towards:
- Expansion of plantation nurseries.
- Infrastructure repairs in State forests.
- Rebuilding local showgrounds.
- Vital upgrades to regional hospitals, courthouses, and aboriginal housing.
To be more precise:
- $46 million as an equity injection into the Forestry Corporation to repair damaged public infrastructure and to expand the Blowering and Grafton Nurseries and to begin planting in bushfire affected areas.
- $25 million for local Councils to rebuild and refurbish infrastructure for up to 171 local showgrounds.
- $20 million to go to Aboriginal Housing for minor projects maintenance across NSW.
- $9.5 million to Health to accelerate regional hospital minor projects and maintenance.
- $9 million to the Stronger Communities program to accelerate minor projects and maintenance on assets such as regional courthouses and correctional facilities.
This will help maintain local and regional economies and communities as the various works and projects use local businesses, tradies, and suppliers.
You can read the media release here.
Employers and employees should now check the ATO website about JobKeeper payments to see what is required and applicable timeframes. See https://www.ato.gov.au/General/COVID-19
Please continue to stay distant and stay safe.
Armidale Business Chamber
m. 0402 838 077
Coronavirus Australia App Available from the Apple App or Google Play.
Join our Facebook groups: